Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Back...or rather, I'm back?

It's been a while since a post.  Sorry - whatever.  I'd like to say that things have been hectic around here lately...but I really can't.

It feels so nice to play again and to want to play again.  I've been working on some Debussy and Bach.  Maybe an odd combination, but then again, maybe not.  I pulled out Valenti's Rocktata tonight and it felt so wonderful to play that again.  I haven't played that in nearly 10 years.  It came back super fast and I remembered why I loved it so much.  I'm thinking about trying that out on the west side residents at lunch one day this week.  Some of them know that I'm an educated and trained pianist but I don't think they quite understand what I can do.  They're the perfect guinea pigs for some practice performances.  Haha - don't tell them I said that.  Anyway, I always knew how wonderful it felt to have my "on" days but there really is nothing to compare to playing and performing a classical piece that makes you feel so alive.  That's really what I feel right now - alive.

Speaking of music, I have an interview in 2 weeks at a music academy in Utah.  It's the kind of job I've been looking for since I graduated with my masters.  They seem pretty interested and are willing to work with my schedule because they want to meet with me.  I have the option of teaching private lessons or in the preparatory program.  I wouldn't mind doing both.  The guy I talked to was happy that I want to teach so much and told me that they would be willing to give me as much as I wanted (within reason of course).  So in a couple of weeks I'll go down and interview and check out the studio.  I've put a lot of prayer and searching into this and I know that a change has to be made in my life.  Utah has been pulling at me for quite some time. If this is right, everything will work out.  I have to have that faith.  God has led me thus far, He's definitely not going to leave me now!

This week is the week commemorating my birth.  Yes, it's true...I was born.  I will be 27 and cannot believe it.  I never expected to be where I am now at age 27.  I'm not sure exactly where I expected to be but it wasn't here.  I'm not complaining.  I've had wonderful times, hard times, sad times, etc. in my 27 years and I am all the better for it.  My experiences have helped shape who I am and who I choose to be.  I look back at the last few years and I see the defining moments and feel so extremely blessed.  I have a wonderful family that loves me and I've realized over the past few years that I do love them.  I have a great support system of friends all over the country.  I have the knowledge of the gospel and of a very loving Heavenly Father and Savior who love me more than I could ever imagine.  They are continually molding me into the person I am meant to be and They guide my life everyday.  I am surrounded by people at work who teach me daily.  Many of them are people that I have the opportunity to serve while I am there.  They give much more to me than I could ever give to them.  I think about all that I haven't accomplished in my 27 years.  Look, though, at all I have accomplished and there's much more to come.  What am I going to do on my birthday?  Well, since I celebrated with my family last weekend and I'm celebrating with my friends tomorrow, I think that on the day celebrating my actual birth, I will go to the temple and give thanks for all that I am blessed with.  There is much to be grateful for.

Peace and love,
The Mad Pianist

No comments:

Post a Comment