This is me updating my blog even though I really don't have any sort of idea what to say or real desire to say anything.
I have a new boss. She is a hag. I'm trying to look at it positively and be nice to her but every day gets more difficult. I also have a new coworker. She's okay except for all the swearing. She doesn't seem to care that the words she chooses to use offend me. Usually I can handle it but when every other word is the f word, I get a little beyond irritated. She's proven the theory that I was always taught (and I'll admit here that it is probably more than a little judgmental - so read at your own risk) that the language you use indicates your education. First, realize I'm not saying that the more secular education you have the bigger your words. Definitely not. I've just realized, especially at my job, that the people who have opted for no education, for drugs (including smoking and drinking) are the ones that feel the need to use foul language. I think they think that it makes them sound "cool" or something. As I ate lunch one day this past week on the back patio with the nurses and cnas and my coworker, this realization just shot through me. They were talking about all the drugs they've done in their life and one of the nurses said that the only reason he/she/it (to achieve anonymity) became an LPN was so he didn't have to do the aide work anymore. How sad is that. I am constantly amazed at how so many people in this world are okay and thrive in their baseness (is that really a word?). Okay, so there was my rant for a little while. It probably made no sense - but you should all be used to that by now. Typical me.
Now that I've probably offended you all with my blog for today, I'll sign off.
PS - I'm thinking about being a monochromatic person for halloween. What do you think? I seriously wouldn't dress up at all if it weren't for the old people. Halloween's not on my top 10 list of favorite holidays...or reasons to dress up.
No comments:
Post a Comment