So, I guess it's time to reevaluate my life. Yes, I know that I tend to do that quite often. Just bear with me.
I have had the opportunity the last little while to get to know a fantastic group of ladies. I feel privileged to be able to call them my friends. This week I have had a few rough patches but they have been there for me regardless of what was going on - supporting me and encouraging me.
Well, tonight one of them posted a story from her day. Basically it was that we need to grab life by the horns today and not wait for that ever moving tomorrow to approach. It has me thinking more than I would like. What are the most important things in my life? What do I want to accomplish? What is holding me back? Where does my heart lie?
The thing is that I am not exactly sure what I want out of life. I know for a fact that I am not content with the way things are now but life is fluid. Do I want to continue on for my DMA degree? Do I really want a studio? Do I want this business degree? What do I want to do with my life? You would think that I would have those answers by now but I don't. I'm such a dreamer that I'm not sure I ever will.
I am not sure where I want to settle myself but I know it is not Idaho. Don't get me wrong - I love Idaho and always will but it is not me. I'm a mover and shaker. I keep thinking about where I would like to live and I have always wanted to live in California. I think the San Francisco/Bay Area would be lovely as would further south.
I guess I am just not sure who I am, where I fit, or even where I am going. This year is about all that though. This year is a selfish year for me. I am working toward being my best self every day. I am going to be kinder and more forgiving toward myself. I am going to look good, eat well, laugh much, and push myself to limits I never thought possible. This is a year for me.
Life happens now and I am going to live it and enjoy it. I am going to be the person that I want to be - not the one that everyone else expects me to be. I am who I am and you can either embrace me or I really could do without you in my life. Ultimately the choice is yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment