Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Piano Teachers Posts

I want to honor my piano teachers.  Those who were patient with me.  Those who guided me.  Those who saw some sort of potential in me worth cultivating.  So the next few posts are for them.  If not for my piano teachers, I would not be the pianist I am today.  I feel like I had the teachers I had for a reason.

“I try to arrange my work and do it well.  That is all.  I try to keep myself out of these big questions.  As a teacher, my whole life is based on understanding others, not on making them understand me.  What the student thinks, what he wants to do, that is the important thing.  I must try to make him express himself and prepare him to do that for which he is best fitted.” - Nadia Boulanger

No comments:

Post a Comment