It's been a while since I've posted. I guess saying "a while" is taking it a little lightly. Whatever. I now have internet at home and so it will be much easier to update and post all my thoughts (even those you don't want to hear).
I'm playing better than I've played in quite some time. It's true and very exciting. I don't know why exactly except that I'm much more focused while I'm playing. Perhaps it's that whole having a goal and being determined thing. Whatever it is - it's working. I feel good while playing and I'm sounding pretty good.
I was looking at some degrees at a few schools the other day. It just gets me very excited and anxious. I know that this is the right direction for me. Wow - a DMA. It's been my goal for so long and to know that I'm getting closer and closer to auditioning for it just astonishes me. I don't know if I'll be auditioning next spring or whether I'll wait a year. It all depends on how the next few months go and how much progress I make. I need to be really solid with my repertoire and it's definitely doable. I've e-mailed a guy up here to see if he is accepting any private students for this fall or if he knows if any of his colleagues are (I'll share his name at a later date just in case it falls through). I think having a little assistance, a little coaching will be especially beneficial. So exciting, I know.
As a bit of a side note: I am constantly amazed when I listen to the Barber piano sonata, Op. 26. Every time I listen, I fall a bit more in love with the piece. I encourage all to go and find a recording of that sonata and listen. Horowitz is especially effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment