Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wants vs. needs

Have you ever just felt like there was somewhere that you were supposed to be?  Something that you were meant to be doing?


Well, I do.


I don't feel like I should be in Boise anymore.  I feel like it was good for a time but not anymore.  I like Boise fine.  I've liked being around my family - my brother and his family and my aunt and hers.  I love just knowing that they're there.  However, I feel so discontented.  Is that even a word?  Anyway, that's what I feel.  I've felt the pull of Utah on me for quite some time but more so recently.  It's like I really just need to be there.  Last week I felt so desperate and I just prayed.  I knew that if that is where I'm supposed to be, then the Lord will provide a way.  Well, he may have just done that.  You see, I was offered a job down in Utah county last spring.  I turned it down.  The last few weeks I have been really regretting that decision.  Well, I was looking online and the job is posted again with the same music school.  I sent the director an e-mail.  If nothing comes of it this time, then I'll know that that job wasn't right but the decision to get there somehow is.  It's like a surging feeling inside of me that I am supposed to be in Utah.  I'm supposed to be teaching piano/early childhood music.  It's where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing.  The Lord will provide a way.  Of that I am 100% sure...the only thing is, it's in His own time.  But then, His own time is always the best time.

No comments:

Post a Comment